Basil-Infused Olive Oil.
Very simple to make, this fragrant olive oil adds a hint of basil to salads, scrambled eggs, or your favorite gluten-free bread.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 cup pure olive oil
- In a food processor, pulse together basil and oil. The texture should be coarse but well blended.
- Transfer into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Simmer for about 1 minute, stirring continually.
- Pour oil through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl. Using a spoon, press down on the basil squezzing out as much oil as possible.
- Cool completely and transfer to an airtight container. Store in a cool, dark place and enjoy!
(source)Posted on May 13th at 10:41 PM
Has a total of: 60 Notes